Friday, October 14, 2011

Where am I?

At this very moment, according to my original itinerary, I should be in a taxi between LaGuardia and JFK airport in NYC. Instead, I'm still sitting in the Atlanta airport. Hm..... Off to a good start so far. So I've a hit a few hiccups so far. I've had to change my flight once (I'm now going straight to JFK, thank goodness), and then I've been delayed.

Today has been a lesson in.... patience..... and kindness..... and flexibility! I've been amazed at the kindness of other passengers who are stuck in tricky travel situations as well. In a time of chaos, I see people reaching out to one another and making connections, seeking support from those around them. Easily, I could have freaked out in the situation, and gotten upset and imagined worst case scenarios, but instead through the example of others I'm learning the value in sitting back, going with the flow and thinking positively. At this moment, I still have an hour before my flight takes off for NY. When those wheels touch down in NY, I hit the ground running in the hopes of catching my connecting flight to Dubai. Wish me luck and pray for me. I'll let you know how it goes in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment