Friday, September 23, 2011

Time flies when you have tons to do

I'd say its about time for another update. Let's see what all has happened since I last posted.....

In the words of my current roommate, I've been fully engaged in my "farewell tour" of Chicago. I'm taking every spare moment I can to say goodbye to all the dear friends that I've made here in Chicago. I have 11 days left in Chicago. I can't believe its time to officially say goodbye after 7 years here. It's been quite the journey..... I've made final plans to have a going away party/fundraising (gotta throw that in there) next week. If I didn't send an invitation to you. I'm so sorry, and email me for details.

Enough of that sad stuff. Time to look to the future, and whats coming next. I've been working hard on sending out emails to friends and family all over the world to work on fundraising. I still have a lot of work to do, and I still have a lot of funds to raise, but I'm starting to make slow progress. With the donations that I've received in person and the donations I've raised online, I'm 10% of the way there! If you haven't taken the opportunity to look at my fundraising page, please do.

So I've had a few hiccups with my visa that have required me to fedex additional forms to Houston where my visa is being processed, but I'm not worried.... yet. I'm hoping that I don't have any more problems in that department cause a Visa is kinda important, ya know?
Also, I'm literally hours away from purchasing my plane tickets. I'm waiting to hear if a travel agent has better prices than what I've found online. Once those are purchased, its going to be really official! No turning back. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment